We are looking for a Controller for CBRE´s Global Investment Administration Nordics team, based in Sweden. The controlling / accounting services provided covers the Nordics region of (Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland). As a Controller in the Investment Oversight team department of CBRE Investment Accounting and Reporting Solutions (“CBRE IA&R”), you will work in an ambitious and growing environment. In this role you will be responsible for coordinating and leading a team of professionals and stakeholders.
Within CBRE IA&R, you will be challenged to develop yourself, to extend your knowledge and skills and to further improve and professionalize diverse processes within the company.
You will work with the Investment Oversight team which works closely with various other departments within CBRE IA&R as well with the clients. The investment oversight department is responsible for controlling and reporting tasks at the level of property owning companies. The team partners with property managers and asset managers of the client as well as other 3rd party advisors (tax, audit, legal) to get detailed understanding of the business and economics of the property owning companies under their responsibility. The team is responsible for reporting, overall coordination and finance management tasks.
- Review/preparation of IFRS and Local GAAP annual account and consolidated accounts.
- Preparation of monthly /quarterly reporting packs (mainly under IFRS).
- Property forecast & budget including analysis of actuals vs forecast/budget on property company (Propco) level.
- Coordination of all the information flow between the client (business), Fund team, property manager and local SPV accountants.
- Building up financial forecast & budget based on the property forecast & budget.
- Cash distribution (understanding how much can be distributed and advising on how) planning and client team support.
- Prepare quarterly intercompany distribution and contribution forms which have to be agreed with the Fund, Portfolio Management, Asset Management, Tax and Legal Depts.
- Understand intercompany loan agreements and intercompany loan interest calculations.
- Review of equity position of the company.
- Supports clients in transactions (Sales/Acquisitions/Entity set ups and liquidations).
- Ensures senior financial management support, tax planning and cash flow forecasting with respect to property companies under its supervision.
- Monitoring of changes in local requirements and legislation and analysis of impact on the property company.
- Have an understanding of the Mortgage Facility Agreement and assist with the preparation of the quarterly loan compliance reporting for submission to the external lenders.
- Cooperate with treasury and transaction teams of CBRE and clients.
- Calculation/review of calculation of the straight-lined rent incentives (IFRS Adjustment).
- Deferred Tax Asset (DTA) & Deferred tax liability (DTL) estimate / calculation and prepare tax analysis packs for external tax advisors.
Desired qualifications and background
- Bachelor/ Masters degree in business administration, accounting or an equivalent
- Ideally a background from Big Four (KPMG, EY, Deloitte or PwC).
- Experience in accounting for Real Estate funds, Holding Companies.
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations, such as VAT, CIT, Local GAAP and IFRS
- Strong analytical skills and well-developed judgement
- Pragmatic and solution-oriented attitude
- Actively engaged and committed to the collective work of the team and taking leadership to ensure team goals are met
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skill
CBRE Investment Accounting and Reporting Solutions
CBRE is the largest commercial real estate company in the world. It is comprised of several business lines including leasing services, capital markets, valuations & advisory services, and asset services; with regional and global capabilities in all major markets around the globe.
Within property management, is our CBRE Investment Accounting & Reporting Solutions group that provides investor clients with vertically integrated accounting and data solutions, from property through funds.
In EMEA, CBRE IA&R provides Global and Pan-European coordination for clients providing Fund & SPV Accounting, Investor Reporting and Performance Measurement services to real estate investment-companies, sovereign wealth funds and other institutional investors in key financial markets.
Our team of professionals offer unmatched dedication to real estate. We serve only real estate and have a history of successfully serving all real estate asset classes; including simple to complex investment structures.
We have dedicated fund and investor reporting teams in 18 countries, while also being a part of our global accounting and reporting operating platform with presence in an additional 41 countries for property accounting services to provide completely integrated services.
Do you want to be a part of CBRE? Please apply for the position at www.boardtalk.se. Interviews will be conducted continuously so we look forward to your application as soon as possible. For further questions please contact Mats Holmberg, +4672-853 23 13 or Kristin Biles, +4670-790 08 93 or firstname.lastname@example.org.