As an Analyst, you will be part of the Real Estate platform within the EQT and participate in sourcing investment opportunities in the Nordic region.
The team seeks to identify value-add real estate investment opportunities that allow to unlock underlying asset-specific value in European markets with promising rental growth outlook. The investment mandate is widely defined, and the focus is currently on e.g. urban logistics properties where underlying tenant demand is driven by demographic trends and ecommerce growth. Value-add stems from an intensive and seamless asset management process with the aim to reposition the assets for their exit into the institutional real estate market.
The position is based at the EQT office at Urban Escape, in central of Stockholm, and you will report to the Managing Director of the Nordic Real Estate team.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Performing thorough financial analysis of deals. Understanding market conditions, industry and company fundamentals.
- Generating new ideas and action plans for appropriate investment strategies. This will involve understanding the EQT strategic goals and aligning those with opportunities in the sector.
- Underwriting expected returns, management and risk profile of the deal and preparing investment papers.
- Participate in deal execution including working effectively with legal, technical, tax and financial experts, other teams, departments and group offices.
- Assessing country specific risks and opportunities, maximizing returns on investments, and optimizing cash flows.
- Prepare presentation material to multi-disciplinary groups including: internal committees, external debt providers and external joint venture partners.
PROFILE OF THE SUITABLE CANDIDATE
- Smart, analytical and commercial mindset, fundamentally interested in the real estate business and value drivers.
- Creative and entrepreneurial, thinking outside the box, seeing things from other angles.
- Team spirit, strong social competence, outspoken, straightforward and friendly.
- Striving for excellency, success, and outperformance.
- High personal drive, deliver high quality, committed and dedicated.
- Professional attitude, high work ethics and high energy level, flexible style and ability to work under pressure and getting things done both independently as well as in teams.
- Ability to operate in an open and outgoing environment, interacting with all levels of the company.
- EQT embraces differences! All aspects of employment will be based on competence, performance and business needs, and we therefore seek to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SUITABLE BACKGROUND
- Master Degree in Finance, Business administration, Economics, Real Estate, Engineering or equivalent.
- 0-2 years' relevant experience.
- Strong MS Excel skills, ability to review and direct complex financial modelling (IRR analysis, total and relative returns etc.).
- Solid understanding of balance sheet analysis, generally accepted accounting principles and financial reporting.
- Great communication skills in English and Swedish, both written and spoken.
Do you want to be a part of EQT? Please apply for the position at www.boardtalk.se. Interviews will be conducted continuously so we look forward to your application as soon as possible. For further questions about this position, contact Frida Carlsson (+4670-790 29 30 or email@example.com) at Boardtalk AB.
“EQT is a leading investment firm with more than EUR 61 billion in raised capital across 29 funds. EQT funds have portfolio companies in Europe, Asia and North America with total sales of more than EUR 21 billion and approximately 127,000 employees. EQT works with portfolio companies to achieve sustainable growth, operational excellence and market leadership. EQT has around 600 employees globally, of which 330 work in the investment advisory teams. EQT Partners AB and its affiliates have offices in 15 countries and employees from 40+ nationalities.”
For further information please visit www.eqt.se