Financial Controller to EQT Real Estate
Finance - Stockholm
Become a part in one of the largest investment firms.
The EQT Real Estate funds have over €500m of AUM and are pursuing a value add/ opportunistic pan European investment strategy.The position is based in Stockholm and is key part of the finance team within the Real Estate business line and the key jurisdictions of the current portfolio are Sweden, France and Germany. The role includes travelling throughout Europe.
About EQT Real Estate
The team seeks to identify value- add real estate investment opportunities that allow to unlock underlying asset- specific value in European markets with promising rental growth outlook. The focus is on office assets in gateway cities with strong demographics driving above- average GDP and office-based employment growth.
The team envisages investing into more asset management intensive investments where strong “hands-on” value- creation skills are necessary. Value- add stems from an intensive and seamless asset management process with the aim to reposition the assets for their exit into the institutional real estate market.
Responsibilities of the role are
- To provide an internal control function and to ensure that proper budgetary controls are enforced throughout the investment life cycle.
- Providing internal control whilst supporting members of the investment and asset management team and building a relationship and working with our JV partners’ and property manager’s finance functions.
- To perform specific projects/ investigations as directed by the CFO, which may be accounting, tax, finance or commercial in nature.
- To support the CFO and other team members on acquisitions, disposals and other strategic and commercial initiatives.
- Finance and corporate representative on the investment team.
- Understanding the business plans and strategy for each investment and staying close to the asset management team and the acquisition directors to ensure that the tax and debt structure support the strategy.
Qualifications and suitable background
- Excellent academic background and fully qualified accountant with +5 years of experience in a real estate division/ fund or company.
- Able to communicate and work effectively with people with a wide variety of skill sets and of all levels of seniority. Interpersonal skills are key.
- Must be a dynamic, focused individual who can adjust to working in a highly entrepreneurial but professional environment. Personable but firm, with confidence and ability to effect change.
- Well organized. Excellent attention to detail paramount.
- Able to combine a control of the detail with an understanding of the high- level strategic or commercial objectives/ issues.
- Understanding of the commercial aspects of Real Estate and how that ties into finance - awareness of Capex/development monitoring, property manager functions, Real Estate debt, tax etc.
“EQT is a leading investment firm with more than EUR 61 billion in raised capital across 29 funds. EQT funds have portfolio companies in Europe, Asia and North America with total sales of more than EUR 21 billion and approximately 127,000 employees. EQT works with portfolio companies to achieve sustainable growth, operational excellence and market leadership. EQT has around 600 employees globally, of which 330 work in the investment advisory teams. EQT Partners AB and its affiliates have offices in 15 countries and employees from 40+ nationalities.”
For further information please visit www.eqtgroup.com.