As Pelican Self Storage’s Facility Manager in Sweden, you will focus on all facets of our facility department, from contract and vendor management to strategic negotiations and financial forecasting and daily interactions on site with our local teams. The position is based at our office in Täby, and you will report to the Country Manager.
As a Facility Manager at Pelican you are responsible for keeping buildings properly maintained, clean and safe. The role combines management tasks such as supervising contractors and more strategic responsibilities such as managing budgets and advising on long-term energy efficiency.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Handle all incoming facility tickets and decide on correct approach
- Perform financial forecasting for all facilities-related costs and effectively manage expenditures
- Engage in negotiations with vendors to establish service-level agreements and contractual terms
- Lead the implementation of facilities-related projects incl. Capex projects
- Compile and deliver requested reports and information to local, regional, and global stakeholders
- Maintain up-to-date records and systems to ensure accuracy and efficiency
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and optimizations to enhance overall effectiveness
- Overseeing and agreeing contracts and providers for services including facility caretakers, maintenance, security, and pest-control
- Ensuring that basic facilities, such as water and heating, are well-maintained
- Managing maintenance and repair budgets
- Ensuring that facilities meet government regulations, health and security standards and energy efficiency requirements
- Working hours tend to mirror normal office hours (eg 8.00 am – 5.00 pm). However, hours might change sometimes required for emergencies
- Plan and execute systematic and preventive maintenance on the property, the grounds, including all security systems
- Support warrantee inspections of new buildings after x years
- Manage Energy optimization and energy projects
- Review and plan major potential renovation projects
Qualifications and suitable background
- Collage or university degree in relevant field
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in a similar role
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A good knowledge of IT packages like Microsoft Office
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Fluent in Swedish and English
- Its a plus if you have knowledge of ventilation systems, cooling systems etc and/or electrical quantifications.
- Valid driver's license (B).’
To succeed in this role, you have excellent communication and negotiation skills, drive your own work independently, and take on tasks with great responsibility. You possess a good overview and the ability to juggle many tasks simultaneously, which is important in an industry where the daily routine often varies. Furthermore, you are a team player, structured, and orderly, and you don't leave anything undone. You see solutions rather than problems and are accustomed to thinking innovatively.
Do you want to be a part of Pelican Self Storage? Please apply for the position at www.boardtalk.se. For further questions about this position, contact Frida Carlsson (+4670-790 29 30, email@example.com) or Kristin Biles (+4670-790 08 93, firstname.lastname@example.org). Interviews will be conducted continuosly.
About Pelican Self Storage
Pelican Self Storage is a Luxemburg-based organization with subsidiaries in Denmark, Sweden and Finland, established in 2009 with capital from an American pension fund.
Pelican offers storage for multiple purposes; relocation, conversions, conversions of basements/lofts, seasonal storage, remote warehouses, etc. Most users are private customers storing domestic goods and/or private possessions, with a significant number of business users as well. Pelican is growing and is in an expansion phase where we have several construction projects underway in both Sweden, Finland, and Denmark. Currently, Pelican has 9 facilities in Sweden, and the tenth one will open in the summer of 2024.
Read more at www.pelican.se