Investment Associate - NREP
Real Estate - Stockholm
At home in the Nordics, NREP is an integrated real estate product innovator, developer, investor and operator that seeks to make real estate better. We take a multi-stakeholder approach and leverage our multidisciplinary team to develop real estate and real estate anchored businesses that create long-term value for tenants, investors and the wider communities in which we invest. Some of the business lines and platforms within NREP is Logicenters, Altura, Residentials and Deals & Incubations. As an associate you will participate in all business lines but will primarily belong to one of the teams and do most of the work in that business line. As part of an entrepreneurial team, you are expected to take and be able to lead transactions from start to finish as well as being part of developing the business and contribute to the identification of new platforms. You are proactive and can shape your role and your projects to a larger extent than what is typically the case in the more structured context of e.g. a mature real estate company, top tier investment bank or management consultancy firm. The successful candidate is offered a central role in a growing company with ambitions to excel. The position is located at NREP’s office in Stockholm City.
Sourcing, underwriting, process management and execution of new transactions as part of NREP. Project ownership of transactions from an early phase, which can include regular “plain vanilla” acquisitions, JV-projects with land owners, rent negotiations with tenants and meetings with municipalities. Involvement in general business development on the Swedish market (incl. evaluating potential entries into new geographies and segments).
- Lead deal negotiations and overall transaction process
- Analyze potential investment opportunities
- Develop valuation and underwriting models, with support of the team
- Prepare presentations to our investment committee
- Conduct due-diligence together with external advisors
- Support various business development initiatives
Qualifications and suitable background
- Bachelor of science or Master Degree in Finance, Business administration, Economics, Real Estate or Engineering
- 3-5 years experience from a top tier investment bank, management consultancy firm or from the real estate industry, primarily a business development role or top tier brokerage firm
- Strong problem solving skills, both qualitative and quantitative
- Experienced in MS Excel
- Great communication skills in English and Swedish, both written and spoken
- Strong project management capability
Career development and support
- Your career development within NREP will be determined by your ability to take on increasing responsibilities and manage transactions end-to-end, from sourcing to closing, as well as the contributions you make to the development of our business
- As an Associate you will receive feedback and coaching from all colleagues depending on which projects you are staffed on. Together with your manager you will set personal development goals on a bi-annual basis and will regularly receive feedback. Your manager is also responsible for providing you with the coaching, support and training necessary to successfully pursue your development goals.
- NREP is an entrepreneurial environment where every individual is both expected and empowered to drive his/her personal development. As an Associate on the team, it is expected that you are relatively self-going and proactive from the start
Do you want to be a part of NREP? Please apply for the position at www.boardtalk.se. Interviews will be conducted continuously so we look forward to your application as soon as possible. For further questions about this position, contact Sara Widforss (070 790 10 75, firstname.lastname@example.org) or Martin Andersson (070-573 10 10, email@example.com) at Boardtalk AB.
NREP has over 140 dedicated professionals of whom more than 60 are transaction or asset management professionals. The Firm is controlled and fully owned by the team of partners with backgrounds from top-tier real estate firms, management consultancies and investment banks.
A key distinctive feature of the firm is the strength and depth of the local teams; built on the premise that a fully local approach is required to identify and best exploit the various opportunities that are present across the Nordic region. NREP has maintained an office in each of its core markets in Denmark, Sweden and Finland and in 2015 they opened an office in Norway. Since its inception, NREP has raised 12 funds and executed over 220 property acquisitions and developments in the Nordic region, of which over 80 have been exited.
For NREP it is important to create real estate that enriches people’s lives. NREP combine a long-term holistic approach with customer focus to provide better real estate offerings to people of all ages and to create healthy sustainable communities.
NREP is pioneering sustainability and responsible solutions and have high ambitions regarding this. NREP focus on attractive under-served segments in the Nordic Region and are among other the leading service and real estate provider within logistics and second largest self- storage operator in the Nordics. NREP has further made several customer focused innovative real estate solutions across residential and retail segments.
Learn more about NREP business and products on the website: https://nrep.com/